Friday, August 18, 2006

Vanitas, vanitas...


I work in an environment where people are very oriented to their own navels. I’m, included, of course; I’m trying to improve. I am blaming the environment, a bonfire of vanities, but I’m also blaming the World, which is degraded in what concerns to human relations. Surely, in other working places than mine, the friendships´ maintenance is crippled either.


Excuses:

1 - I just have no time;
2 - Just got in a relationship;
3 - Just got out of a relationship;
4 - I AM in a relationship;
5 - Dude, lost your mind, who said I’m not around?;
6 - I dreamt about you, was planning to call you, but I forgot!;
7 - Can I call you later?;
8 - Have I promised to call you? Sorry, missed!;
9 - I’m never at home! I saw the 16 missed calls on my mobile, but if was important, you should have left a message;

And, my favorite one:

10 - Hi, babe, how are you? Sweetie, I’ve to tell you! I, I, I, I, I, I! Me, mine! Me, myself, me again! With me, to me, for me, ME!


And is universally known, that Myself is huuuuuuuuuuuugely important than everybody else self. That’s how we keep losing the most relevant and magical about bonding: to give, not caring about this bullshit of adults modern’s life which is to get something back always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, you should be a well know philosopher, that is so true, so us.... reading it, i feel ashamed. i was 5 weeks away, came back in my big london, but you know what? i promised myself to do not let the big life to swallow me up! i ll try my best and let you know...
xalex